Monday 28 April 2014

Prime time...

Hello beautiful people,
    
   In my first blog post I mentioned how I have recently learned many new things about make up and the use of products I didn't even know existed; one of these is primer! I have to admit thought it was one of those products older women  used to stop the inevitable wrinkles or something along those lines however when make up shopping with my friend M I purchased my first high end foundation the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation and I was so excited to use it! M knows so much more about make up than me and recommended that it would look even better if used with a primer and so I purchased the Bourjois Paris Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer which has now become one of my holy grail products!



   Primers are meant to act as a layer between the skin and foundation to create a more even surface to work with. Not everyone needs them but for someone who is very oily or has a lot of scarring from acne such as myself the difference from using primer to not using it is amazing(many primers are mattifying too which helps shine control)! Foundation goes on so much more flawlessly and make it last so much longer; which if i am spending over £20 on a foundation it is vital that it does stay put! 

    Although the main role of primer is to create a beautiful finish to your base makeup, they have many other benefits such as evening out skin tone, hydrating the skin and reducing breakouts. There are certain ingredients to look out for when splashing out on a primer to make sure it does all the things you want it to or that it says it does...
     For example: 


Cyclomethicone is a silicone grease reducing ingredient
Dimethicone crosspolymer protects the skin 
Retinyl palmitate  reduces flaking and restores suppleness
Tocopheryl acetate is a skin conditioning antioxidant
Propylene glycol is a moisturizer

   I hope you have learned more about primers and I have no idea what I was even thinking when I just used to slap foundation across my face without a proper base coat of primer and I will definitely not be skipping this step in the future!
      Bye for now,
                           Ash
                                  x

No comments:

Post a Comment